??????? i need help

So we bought a huge roll of hamburger last nite and didnt put it back cause i feel asleep, is it still goin too be good????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• raw meat left out grows bacteria, so no probably not
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 7:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• What do you mean by "didn't put it back"? Did it sit at room temperature for a long time? I wouldn't use it if that is what happened.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If it was tightly sealed, it's probably OK. I have done that & still took the chance & ate it because i cannot throw food in the trash & i was fine. It also tasted great. If you open it & it smells sour, definitely throw it out. If it smells the same, it's probably OK. Just cook it real well.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i agree with elizabr - what do you mean by "didn't put it back"? if it means it sat out on the counter all night, it is trash.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My motto is...when in doubt...throw it out!!!!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If it sat on the counter you could make your family very ill by using it. It should not sit out for more than two hours. I sure wouldn't take the chance with my family's health.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If you left it out on the counter, THROW IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! If it's in the fridge, just make a bunch of hamburger patties at cook them. Or cook up pounds of the meat and freeze. NEVER eat meat that was left out all night, food poisioning is not fun. But if you want to take the chance of making your entire family ill, go ahead and use it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Dont think so!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010