Ok, Is anyone else scared for their children?

Simply put, because there seems to be such hate and anger on this forum. It scares me to even think that my children will be associating with people who believe this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it sad-pathetic, those who post the ignorance, hate, and disgust are also Anonymous.

If one feels so strongly against anything, or feels confident enough to attack others; then don't be a coward.

Everyone else~Just STOP GIVING THESE PEOPLE ANY RESPONCE...

This CM site could be a great forum from which to debate on all sides and all issues. Stop giving these ignorant posts any attention. Those who are concerned, educated, or looking to become more educated and like to debate should over power the ignorance with questions and comments of substance and legit concerns and questions.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree wholeheartedly. It is sad that here in 2008 we still have such a long way to go. I know we have made huge strides, but there is still a long way to go.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• No shit huh... It's crazy how some of these mothers are acting... you can just imagine the HATE they are teaching their children by their actions... shameful to say the least.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 12:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm terrified.
    For all of us that are teaching our children tolerance and love and hope, there are fifty out there that are teaching their children bigotry and hate and hopelessness. Why?! There's no sense in it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We might just need a rabies shot
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• And tetanus, while we're at it :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Maybe you can use all the rancor floating around on here to make a point to your children. Show them how people act when they are scared and uncertain of their future. If they read it on the internet it can't physically harm them, and if you are there with them to explain and show them the proper way to react they will learn more about how to deal with this stuff than they will by avoiding it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I tell my eldest daughter about the crap some moms post on here. She tells me the same stuff happens on MyYearbook (which is like CM or Myspace for teens). So we agree that the moms on here are probably teaching their kids the same stuff they spew out here. I try not to associate with people like that in real life, but really I never knew there was so much hatred out there. People are much bolder on the internet than IRL. It's pathetic and sad how cowardly most of those women probably are when confronted face to face.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My thoughts exactly, It really annoys me that ppl act this way and their children see it. I have a person in my family is like that (ignorant and hot headed) and I tell her regularly that she is teaching her kids this but just wont listen. Thats why I know there is not point in trying to "fix" others ignorance.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We might just need a rabies shot

HAHA! Good point.
    Who is that comedian who says "You can't fix stupid"? That's what keeps popping into my head.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008