What does everyone think about how the GOP is treating Sarah Palin?

K_key_ann

Asked by K_key_ann at 12:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i think it's terrible but i also predicted this would happen.
    i don't think she was a great choice for vp but i think she does her job as gov of alaska well.
    she also appears to be a great mom and someone who is very strong in her convictions.
    it's sad that they used her and are now attacking her.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think it sucks to be her, but whatever, she brought it upon herself and I knew it would happen.

They have to blame someone, right? So of course she's the one they're going to attack.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong...it's just politics.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think she is great, and I wished they hadn't pulled her out of the box so soon. The establishment will now have 4 years to dig up or try to dig up even more dirt on her, her parents, her kids, and everything else. By the next election everybody will be sick and tired of hearing about her, instead of her being a fresh, new face. I honestly disagree with her on some issues, but as the point has been made over and over and over, one person, even the president, cannot change the established laws. (Roe v Wade, etc.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think it's politics and she was most likely prepared for more of the nasty crap that has been being slung at her for a while now.
    That's what politicians do. They spend your money and sling crap at each other.
    Anonymous

• I think there are people in the GOP that are bitter that their candidate/choice was not the VP choice and are looking for a scape goat. I think it shows a total lack of respect.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i feel bad for her, but it is something you have to deal with when the gop need someone to blame.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't think it's surprising but it is a shame. McCain's camp pulled her out of Nowhere, Alaska, introduced her to America as someone who was ready to help lead this country and then when their lack of organization and planning failed to win them the election they decided to pin the blame on her. I say, if they lost the election because America didn't feel she was the right choice for VP then it's their own fault for choosing her in the first place. You don't pick someone to be a major face in your campaign and then turn around and blame that person later for your own shortcomings. Have some accountability people and GROW UP! -- There I feel better. I'm glad I found this question. I had no desire to see her in the White House but she doesn't deserve this. I think she'll bounce back though.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The GOP should be ashamed of themselves!! Polls have been done...90% of Conservative Republicans LOVE Sarah Palin!!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• There was an article in the Huffington Post a week or so before the election talking about how the GOP planned on using her as a scapegoat so none of this is surprising.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• That's what they do to conservatives and it is a shame!

julianjordan

Answer by julianjordan at 6:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2008