Cpap for adults???

Do any of you or your S/O use CPAP machices for sleep apenea? My hubby just got one last week and so far has only been able to get through a couple hours.How long did it take to get used to it? Do you currently wear it all night long?

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Health

• My husband has been using a Cpap for 4 years now. He does wear it all night, every night. The biggest thing for him was that he used to sleep on his stomach. For me, it was getting used to sleeping with Darth Vadar. It took us both about a week to adjust. Please, have him stick with it, you will both get used to it and it is the best for his health.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My BIL uses one and it has helped him a lot. I am sure he had a hard time getting used to it, but he stuck with it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When I would educate new clients on how to use it, I would suggest they wear it during the day when they were just sitting around the house watching tv. I would ask that they just kept increasing the time they wore it. At night put it on and leave it on as long as they can. Over time, they became compliant wearing it all night. It is hard for some to adjust, that's why we asked them to wear it during the day, to get the feel of it etc.. It seemed to help..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• my SO goes for a sleep study in Jan to get one... his friend has one and swears by it... i've only been on bi-pap in the ICU when i refused to be intabated... it was hard to let it breathe for you... but really did do some good for me...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• He is sticking with it, but it seems to be a hard adjustment for him. I am greatful it is much quieter than I had expected!
    crazy4u49033

Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• MY HUBB NEEDS ONE
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Hubby has a BiPap and he just can't seem to get used to it. He tried it for a little while and now uses that naughty four-letter word ... can't. I think I will suggest the wearing it during the day to see if that will help him get used to it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I heard bthey help alot
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010