Have you ever written anything on FB or other site about your job, boss, ect?

If so.. PLEASE be careful about what you say! lol It's been a couple years since i've been out in the working world but even when I was working I knew better than to do that! I've seen people lose their jobs because of crazy crap they are writing, such as "My boss is the biggest f*cking idiot I know." or "Well this is great.. i'm the ONLY one who didn't get a bonus this year!" Just wanted to spread this info since I got on FB this morning and seen about 3 posts from people complaining about work.. Keep it up and pretty soon you will be complaining about not having a job!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Some asshat at my husband's job just did this. My husband is his manager and his facebook friend, the guy went off on my husband for making him finish his job that night, while at the store. Then went home and totally blasted my dh and the store managers and the entire corporation.
    Not smart. The idiot is FB friends with the store manager too. Oops! Now he is on probation...ha ha ha!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Nope. But a friend of mine did once and coworkers that were on her friends list ran to the boss to "tattle"..redonk!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have said things about work in the past but nothing negative; just "ugh, I don't want to go to work" or TGIF-type stuff. One woman at work got fired for attendance but because we are in a union, she filed a grievance and got her job back with back pay (something I totally disagree with because she's useless). While she was unemployed, she posted a ton of stuff about our company on FB. I heard that when she was hired back, she was "talked to" by HR about what she had said on FB. I'm very careful to say as little as possible about work. Plus my FB page is viewable only by the people on my friends list. But still, better safe than sorry.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I wouldnt do it anyways.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Nope, never.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't write about my job because all of my managers are my friends on fb!
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 8:12 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No, I haven't but I have heard you can get fired with stuff that is written on Facebook and it doesn't even have to be job related.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I never write about my boss on fb there is such a thing as talking out of school and talking about your boss falls under this.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I've vented about work and said things like it was a bad night for tips and stuff like that. If it's really bad and a particular table stands out for pissing me off, I might mention that too. It's been a long time since I've done that...I've learned that just because your profile is private doesn't mean future prospective employers can't get access to it, and I'm definitely in the career hunt! Sometimes I will still post..."soooo don't wanna work tonight." But I don't think I have ever specifically bashed my manager(s) or anything like that....
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 1:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2010