What is back labor? have you had it?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 8:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had it and it HURTS. LOL I think it's worse than regular labor. When the baby is coming down face up you get back labor.
    I had a natural birth and I swore my back was going to break.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I had it with my second daughter and it is the worst pain I have ever had. The only way I can describe it is to imagine there a chain connected to each side of your pelvis and that it is slowly trying to pull you in two. Those medieval torture overseers had nothing on my little one!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yeah had it with DD. Though I can't compare it to others I will say it hurts like hell. I was going to do a natural birth but couldn't. I was also induced so that could have had something to do with the amount of pain.

I had DH and my mom massage my back a lot. And if you can get up and walk around that will help. Don't lay on your back if you can avoid it. I had to cuz they needed to monitor DD and their wireless equipment wasn't working.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I guess I had back labor since I felt the pain in my back. This was back in the days where they would not let you get up and walk around which might have helped. I know I wanted to just sit up in the bed but they would not let me even do that. As far as the pain, I was actually expecting worse than what it turned out to be. Not to say it did not hurt but I kept expecting it to get worse and then it was all over. I remember the pain actually being a little less once I started pushing.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i had back labor with my dd and #1 she was not face up and # 2 it did not hurt near as bad as "belly labor" i didn't know i was in labor until my ob checked me and told me i was ....my back hurts all the time b/c of arthritis so i just thought that's why my back was hurting

i had "belly labor" with my ds and he was face up and it hurt like crazy...felt like i had to take a massive poo but couldn't lol that's the best way to describe it

GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2010