Recently I've completely lost my faith..

I still go to church every week but I don't really believe, any ideas on how to 'rejuvenate' my faith? Because I feel sort of lost without it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think this would be a good time to ask yourself WHY you believe what you believe and what those beliefs entail. Often times when we have doubts in our faith it is more a representation of doubts within ourselves.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• What Kristi said. I would add "what exactly do you believe?" to the "why".

Is it your faith that you've lost, or the habit of following something that you don't really know or believe in?
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 12:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Join a Beth Moore Bible study group. She is young, fun, and spicy! I love her bible studies!

Anonymous

• Its important to me to have an inspiring church and church leader, are you getting that at your church?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• No, recently the leadership in the church changed and that was when I realised that I didn't know wy I was going :S.
    Anonymous

• Try some other churches. Maybe you can find one that revives you.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would look around for a new church home then if it no longer feels that way to you. Because who's going to want to go to church if its boring and you're not feeling the message?? Not me..lol Its important to me to part of the church family and to have a good leader. I hope you won't let it stop you from going all together just look up local churches and get your family together and go to each of them till you find a good one (that's what my family and I are doing now and I think we found one =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Answered at 12:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 by: Anonymous

No, recently the leadership in the church changed and that was when I realised that I didn't know wy I was going :S.

Often different leaders have different interpretations of the Bible's message. You can see some of that yourself here on cafemom. Obviously this new leader is preaching something different than what you're used to. (Could be the message could just be the "tone" of the sermons.) Take a step back, reaffirm your beliefs as in ask yourself what you believe and why, and find a church that you feel comfortable attending. If you can't find a church that's okay too. As many Christians will tell you it's not about the religion it's about the relationship you have with Christ.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• what church do you go to? I'd say Talk to other strong believers and ask them to pray over you. Do daily devotions and pray. ask God for help. Ask him to speak to you. you can always send me a message.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• maybe you need to find another church that inspires you and really instills your beliefs straight to your heart each time you go. that is how i feel about mine and is why i always go. i often end up crying in one class or another. it's like my faith renews and my testimony strengthens with each church visit. i just feel so blessed. no matter how many times we move we always keep that awh in faith cause it's still the same church everywhere and in any place. just a new family.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008