Why Do Men Just Refuse To Use Condoms?! (TMI) adult content

I read in a magazine that the use of condoms can help prevent HPV. Well, when I told my husband that he simply refused to entertain the idea of the use of condoms. Even though I'd told him that this could keep me from ending up w/HPV, he still wasn't feeling it. I told him that I had to take a stand on my personal health b/c no one else was going to. May I remind you I'd also had contracted an STD from him in the past & we were both told that the use of condoms would benefit us in us not transmitting anything to & from each other; but, once again he refuses to use condoms. What should I do?

NubianQueen78

Asked by NubianQueen78 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe if he went w/you on your next visit to your gynecologist and he/she told him about the risks then maybe he'd listen. Wearing a condom is so much more than masking pleasure, it could prevent you from future female health problems. Best wishes!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Refuse sex. Your safety is far more important
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If you have already gotten and STD from him he clearly is cheating on you....for that reason alone I would insist on condom use or no sex.
    For me if my DH cheated he would be out the door. I am thinking that you need to do some serious thinking on your part.........good luck
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• well first the other girls are right if you been sleeping with him without a condom chances are you already have HPV. You can have that for years without having any symptoms or even knowing you have it. But if my dh gave me an STD then I would leave him in a heartbeat because chances are he is cheating on your or how else would you get an STD. But if he didn't want to use a condom then he doesn't want it that badly. Don't sleep with him then.

um yeah...you already have HPV if he has it. There is really no point in married couples using condoms unless you guys have an open relationship, or you're OK with him cheating on you.

to the one that said this I am not trying to be rude when I say this so don't take it that way, but some people use a condom when married do they don't have an unplanned pregnancy
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Has he been sleeping around? You probably already have HPV if you hadnt been using a condom every time anyway.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• um yeah...you already have HPV if he has it. There is really no point in married couples using condoms unless you guys have an open relationship, or you're OK with him cheating on you.

If he has sex with other women & you're OK with it, then i can understand your concern.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• simple answer: It doesn't feel as good. Sometimes it doesn't feel like anything from what I'm told.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Anon is right, especially if he's circumcised. I'd tell him condom or nothing. His choice.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• refruse sex, he doesnt sound like such a good husband if he doesnt care that the use of a condom is for you and his health.
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Why is everyone saying you already have an HPV!!! That's bullshit!! Go get a pap smear to be sure, but until then do NOT assume you already have one. As for your hubby, I don't even know what to say, I don't understand open relationships but you tell him it's your way or the highway, if it were him at risk of getting cancer you can bet your ass he'd think twice about using a condom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2010