Can someone explain couponing to me?

I just started getting my sunday papers and saving the coupons. I'm a little confused though, maybe one of you ladies can help a sister out ;)

So, my store doubles coupons up to .99. My question is what if I have 1 coupon worth $2 and double it? I receive nothing on the 2nd coupon? Or do I receive .99? I hope this isn't a silly question, but I am new to all this.

momofone221

Asked by momofone221 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Shopping

• No in that situation just use one coupon, and use the other the next time you buy that item again.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You can use one coupon per item purchased. If you purchase two items, you can use two coupons. Many stores will only double a certain number of identical coupons (often 2), so you'll need to find out your stores policy.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I LOOOOOVE Saving and using coupons. I wish my stores here did that. :(
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I think the poilicy you mention is no coupon over .99 will be doubled. Just ask at the store and they will be glad to help you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• One coupon per item. If it is over .99 you do not get another .99 on top of it. So if the coupon is $2 the store will only take off $2.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The store will only double up to ..99 cents so you actually do better using the two dollar coupon. A .99 cent coupon would only give you $1.98 off.

That is GREAT! Our stores in my area will triple your coupon but only up to 50 cents.

Also - check out your stores website. Sometimes you can get STORE coupons that are only good for that particular chain. You can usually use these AND a manufacturers coupon!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Most stores one coupon per item. If you have a coupon that is lower than dollar most will double them. I use my coupons at kroger. Besides coupons if have kroger you can also go to website and print and even down load to cards. Another coupons place is only at walmart called the all you magazine. As for getting money back you do not get cash back but off your bill at the end.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• one coupon per item, the amount they'll double varies by store.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Many stores actually allow 2 coupons for an item IF one is a store coupon AND one is a manufacturers coupon. Also Kroger allows you to use paper coupons PLUS the one you download to your card.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2010