What do you think of this?

Say you go out to dinner with a group of ppl for a special occasion or anything really, would you automatically offer to pay for yourself or would you assume someone was going to pay for you?

I am not talking about when another person says don't worry about it, I'll pay. But, instead, purposely avoiding the bill and not offering to pay.

momofone221

Asked by momofone221 at 8:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Unless they were taking me out for my birthday, I would assume I was paying for myself, or a fraction of the overall bill.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• epends on how theus girls were meeting after work for breakfast and that everyone was wlecome to come along then I would expect to pay my own way.
    If someone said its so and so's b-day and I am taking a bunch of people out to dinner to celebrate it then I would expect not to pay.
    When we do go out to a meal like that where we are all expected to pay for ourselves I make sure we get seperate checks at the beginning.
    Lucky my group of friends do not try to skip out on paying their share
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would offer to pay my part of the bill plus a tip I would not offer to pay anymore than that especially if someone else suggested it unless it was said it was for my birthday or a gift.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If it is an office get together usually they will let you know in advance how the payment will work. However, if it's with friends I would think you would need to take your cue from the one the tab gets placed near to see how they react and how others at the table react as well. If they look like they are contributing then yeah, or if you just feel like it's the right thing to do is also an option.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would automatically assume I'm paying for myself. In fact, most of the time we do separate checks. I would rather pay for what I ordered so I can order what I want, going all out or keeping it in the budget.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• We always pay our half if not more if its a special event.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Automatically offer to pay for myself.

Do you have a cheap friend who skates out on the bill too?
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2010