How can I not just watermark but patent the photos that are unique in subject and style.

The photos are unique and is a untouched market.  If someone saw this product they could copy the idea and sell it.  I want to patent the idea but I'm not sure if you can do that with photos?

marylandletters

Asked by marylandletters at 8:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• are you trying to say patent the watermark/logo? Otherwise, I have no idea what you're saying
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Copyright your photos, but I don't think you can patent the idea of taking a picture of something.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You can copywrite individual images by merely putting the logo of a c with a circle around i, the year it was taken or reproduced and your name or your company name. You can pay the money to register it through the copyright office but if you have the original of an image it proves possession. However, you are not able to patent the idea of a photo because, as you probably know, we all have different perspectives and there are so many variables with in an image (aperture, film speed, etc) that even an identical perspective can produce a different image. Besides, think about the lady who takes pics of babies in flower pots or the gentleman who does dogs dressed up like people. It's so uniquely theirs you would look like a tipoff if you tried to steal the idea
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2010