what is wrong with my dd? She is 5.5

Well she was fine all day until about 1pm. She was like moppen aroound so I took her temp it said 99.5 I think. Well I had her stay in er room for a bit then about an hour later I took her temp again (no meds) it said 98.6 so she went outside to play. She played for about 2-3 hours outside. She came in and said her fever was back. She said her belly hurt. I took her temp again it said 100.1. Then 2 hours later I took it again it was 98.7. Then I took it a few hours later it was 97.7. Then it was bedtime. This morning at 8am I wake up she is going number 2 so I checked no diarehea so I think it might been why her belly hurt is maybe she had to go yesterday and couldn't. But then today her fever is 99.7. DH said it might be because she has a loose tooth. She actually has 2 her bottom 2. First ones. She got the loose tooth a week or 2 before thanksgiving. She was complaining her teeth were hurting before I realized her teeth were loose. She is complaining her head hurts, but I don't count that because she tells me her head hurts a lot. What is wrong with her? I don't know if it is something I should keep her home from school for tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Could be a sinus infection with post nasal drainage. My son when he gets a runny nose will throw up in the mornings sue to swallowing snot all night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• she isn't throwing up....she also is pretty much acting fine other than she has a fever
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• no she has a loose tooth she is 5.5 years old. I was saying she had 2 loose teeth
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I realized her teeth were loose???

i was going to say a viral thing going around, that you get better than back again, it is really a bad viral thing and takes a while to get over, with times everything seems better but still there, fever comes on high, then back to normal, then back again

but loose teeth?? at five years old??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• yes she has a loose tooth 2 of them. She started teeth when she was 3 months old. She will be 6 in April
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If you are worried, take her to her doctor. It is a low grade fever, but you don't want it to get worse. I wouldn't let her play outside today anymore.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Keep her inside, and just watch her. Does she eat well?
    If it seems to get worse take her to the doctors.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• yes she does eat pretty well. And she has been eating today and even last night she ate 3 tacos for dinner
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Keep her inside, give her plenty of fluids, have her play quietly and get plenty of rest. She can go to school, unless her fever is higher or her symptoms are worse tomorrow - and if that's the case, take her to the dr. .
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• the book I got from school when she started said if it was I think 99.5 she couldn't go to school. She has been jumping around all morning. I took her temp about 3 hours ago and it was again back down to 98.6. I haven't taken it again though yet though
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010