Would you ever want to learn about a topic you know nothing about, and are not interested in just in order to please your husband or boyfriend?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• No because I would be unable to fake it or even learn about something I have zero interest in

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Of course. I'm not at all interested in video games or golf but I put effort into learning about them because those activities make my husband happy.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes, because I want to understand where he is coming from.

Answer by older at 10:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i listened for hours about motorcycles, nodded a lot, smiled when he said crome

i tryed to make grocery list when he spoke of motorcycles
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes it does not hurt to learn something new! You may find out it was not as bad as you thought.

Learning is part of growing!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes, I would. My grandma always says that the wife needs to always learn or do things that make the husband happy,(even if she is not interested) If the wife doesn't do it, they will find someone else to be interested in doing what they like. My husband loves horse racing and soccer, I hate both but I ask questions and try to learn just to spend time with him. Good luck girl!!!
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well, I learned how to golf from the x and it was never something that interested me beforehand, I love it now and consider it the only good thing I gained from our relationship, so yes, sometimes it's worth it..I vetoed learning about car stuff though, you pick and choose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• yes I do,because I would also like him to listen and show interest in what I tell him.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I got a vote down okay we are together because we have the same interests
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Sure, I enjoy learning and really do want to make my husband happy. It's not a matter of "faking it" it's a matter of having enough interest in him to care about what he is interested in.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2010