Am I just mean?

Ok...my boyfriend's Aunt died the night before last in her sleep.
And he's acting like the world will end if I don't take our son over to where everyone's at (crying and pretending Diane was their best friend) AFTER Gauge gets his 4 month shots...Gauge is going to be feeling like crap and I really don't want a ton of people passin him around and being up in his face.
So I said "Can we just wait until tomorrow to see how he feels?" and he looked at me like I spit on his aunts grave!
The big thing is- NOBODY even liked the woman! They ALL talked crap on her...So why should we go RIGHT AWAY?
Should I just go and hope for the best?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 12:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I would not bring my four month old son around all those people. Especially not during cold and flu season. Your son already does not feel well. If you do go - bring a baby carrier that you wear and don't let anyone play "pass the baby". He is your son and I feel that he is your priority.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 1:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• just go and if the kid is having trouble it will give you a legitimate and excusable reason to leave early.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would go but I would just say that he isnt feeling well and the Doctor said that he shouldnt be handled after all those shots..... And honastly they shouldnt sooooo ur actully not lying, Id go just go keep the peace and make your BF happy but make sure your son isnt getting tossed around!!! I know how hard these situations are iv been there and hated every minuet of it but you get through it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Personally I would not take a four month old out for all those people to breathe their germs on him while he is in a vulnerable state and probably feeling bad but then again if you want to keep peace in the family and are going anyway you may as well go and do it and get it over with. Tell him you cannot stay long because the baby will fussy after getting shots. I think you should get a sitter and just take pix of the baby if they want to see him but that's me.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• your bf need your support and u need to be their 4 him if your son is sick leave early and even if dint noboby like her he still need u no matter what
    milla1981

Answer by milla1981 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• your husband needs your support right now. If you don't go he may resent you for this. She may have been a wicked woman but she was still your husbands aunt.  If your son is not feeling well then you can leave early!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• can you find a sitter? i would go but make it short and keep people away from the baby
    Anonymous

• I would keep him home. At 4 months old it is just beginning to be RSV season, and you don't want to chance sick people being around him. People tend to go to funerals regardless of their health because they feel obligated. You BF should realize that keeping the baby at home is what is best for him, and go by himself-especially if no one liked her. It seems like he wants his family to mee your son, and that can happen later. Good luck!
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I wouldn't take him. Not only b/c he's going to be sore from all the shots, and he's more susceptable to germs. But I'm also really nervous about taking my 2 where there's a lot of grief. They've never been to a funeral or anything like that. I really think babies and little kids can pick up on those bad vibes and thats just not the atmosphere I want my kiddos in. They're going to find out about heart-ache and sorrow soon enough. I want to let them be naive for a while longer. BTW, mine are 1 and 2.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i don't think it's mean but i can be mean at times. so maybe you should go support the family and your bf and keep an eye on the baby. or get a sitter.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008