Is a two year old to young to be seperated by weeks for mom and dad.When dad just stared comin around 5 months ago.

LuvinMYhoney

Asked by LuvinMYhoney at 10:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I dont think I would do weeks just yet. I would do every other weekend and one night a week to see how the toddler does.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I think so. My son is three and a half years old, and there is no way he is spending more than a night away from me, AFTER I´ve trusted that person with her for YEARS..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I wouldnt do ANY time away with him just now, it would have to be at least a year and some before I could have any trust in him with her.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• While I would be very nervous to let my child go with someone they have only known for 5 months, depending on what they courts say, it might not be my choice

Do you have a custody agreement? If you do, you must follow that or you could get in trouble with the law. If you do not have a custory agreement, you do not have to let the child go for more than what you feel comfortable doing. Also, if you do not have a custody order, I would suggest you go to a lawyer and have one put in place. If you do not like weeks at a time, make sure you do not allow that in the order.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Weeks for any child is a long time to be away from their mothe and I wouldn't reccommend it. Alternate weekends.
    MarineWifeyto2

Answer by MarineWifeyto2 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My daughter has only been away from me for one night (grandmas) and I thought I was going to lose it! Weeks is way too much.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It depends on the person. I mean we have left the girls with family that we have stayed with quiet a bit and they know the girls really, for a weekend. We had seen them once a month for 2 years and they had babysat on some evenings. So they knew each other really well, even with that my then 2 year old had a really hard time going to bed. She only could sleep after her sister sat at the edge of her own bed so that my 2 yo could see her.
    So if you are thinking of letting dad take your son for a few weeks and he has only been around for 5 months, hell no. Unless those 5 months have been living with him daily. He doesn't know enough and there isn't enough of a relationship there.
    And if you are asking then you have doubts, so no go. You're the Mama, trust your gut.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/separated

TOO young....Dad just STARTED COMING around......YES.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Heck yeah. I would say short 5 or 6 hour visits a couple times a week. If dad lives too far away to do that very often then maybe he needs to move closer if he wants to be in his sons life!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yep.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010