1 bedroom with 3 yr old and pregnant

I currently have a one bedroom apartment with my 3 yr old daughter and we are ok with it. I do have a den where she has a daybed and all her stuff but I do not let her sleep in it because it is a den and does not have any windows and its just not a room. So she sleeps with me and SO and sometimes he sleeps on the couch..which I hate. Well anyway, now that I am pregnant I have been looking like crazy for any condo, apartment, home for rent not exceeding $1300 with a 2-3bedroom and I am having no luck. It looks as though I will be stuck in a one bed room with 2 kids. I feel as though that is tacky and will look like I am struggling so much that I have 2 kids in my bedroom. I do not know what to do anymore. I love my apartment it is spacious and very lovely. I just hate that they told me I should be able to have a 2bd within a few months. They also told me there was parking and when I moved in they told me all the parking underground have been filled and I have to park on the streets. So I am left every day and night driving around at least 10-2o minutes looking for a parking. Most of the parking is 15-2hr parking only and residential parking. I have not transferred my car registration yet and have received at least 6 parking tickets since living here. The inconvience of not finding a parking early in the am or late at night is such a hassle because my daughter is sometimes sleeping or just doesnt feel like walking and carrying groceries is a b&%^% I cant imagine doing all this with a newborn. I am venting !!! and upset because its seems as though I am stuck. I have until June to find a place but would love to find one now so that it can be a smooth transition for my daughter and I and we can be settled and ready when baby comes.

edit question
delete question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Best of Luck to you in finding a place soon. A place with free parking. Good luck.
    destinys1

Answer by destinys1 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My husband and i were in 2 bedroom apaprtment when i was pregnant with my 3rd son. We decided we would be better off buying a house since our mortgate payments would be about the same as what we were paying in rent. I felt like we rushed into buying this house we are in just because i wanted to be in a house before the baby came. It is a beautiful house, but only has 2 bedrooms. It was move-in ready and did have the entire upstairs as one big room we could eventually make a bedroom, but for now it it just a playroom. We have a big backyard for the kids to pla in, but i would would love to have at least one more bedroom. We moved in 2 weeks before our 3rd son was born. Now we are really running out of space because in April we had our 4th son. Since you have until June, take your time and find somewhere where your family will be happy. Good luck in your house hunting.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Good luck, where do you live? We are renting a GREAT 4 BD, 3 FULL Bath HOUSE for 980 a month until I have my baby and then we are moving back into the country.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Make the best of it until you find a better place. If people asked just tell them your looking for the right place and dont want to rush, esp with a baby coming.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I live in MA.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You live in MA?? That's where I'm from!! I grew up in the suburbs outside of Boston. RIght now I'm in California- but anyway...that's tough, but honestly it could always be worse. I had a studio here with my daughter until she was two years old, and one of those tiny studio's where the kitchen is in the same room! Anyway, are you looking for apts on craigslist? It depends where you want to live, there are some cheaper places, like around that budget, but it's usually far away from the good things. My sister and her bf were living in a two bedroom apt in Burlington w/ 2kids and their rent was only like $1200...but then she got pregnant with the third and moved into a duplex house in Bedford(think it's around 1300). It's still a two bedroom though- with three kids and her mother-in-law stays for half the year with them! Good luck though :D
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010