HELP!! What am I going to do when Santa delivers the gifts and goes back to the north pole?

My daughter is a well behaved girl but sometimes she has her toddler (3yrs old) moments when she wont listen and just does what she wants with no regard. Well to get her to eat her vegetables and behave I have to remind her of christmas and that Santa brings gifts for good girls that behave. When I tell her this, she immidately behaves or does what I ask of her. So when Santa leaves...what is a momma to do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• use santa all year.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't use Santa as a way of making my kids behave. I also don't use it as getting less when they are "bad". Behaving is not an option. If you misbehave you will be put in time out, toys taken away etc... What do you do after christmas... you parent, teach her how to behave, listen, respect others etc.. Of course she will have tantrums, it how you deal with them that determines how long they last.. At 3, pick your battles, they don't understand reason..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have used the Santa thing to... But try reward keep her favorite candy on hand or those 25 cent toys from the vending machines iF she dose what ever u ask give her a choice I have used that too most times it works
    Strawberry-cake

Answer by Strawberry-cake at 11:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Go for the Easter Bunny!

Answer by older at 11:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• We don't have Santa in our house, I just tell my son if he doesn't behave he will not get to play with ____. That usually does the trick.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Packagesfromsanta.com has a program that you can sign up for that sends postcards from Santa throughout the year. It has a message for the kids reminding them to be good all year long.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Get a spine and learn how to parent your child all year long, not just at Christmas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Thanks anonoymous!!! You most be the worlds greatest mom with the worlds greatest and most well behaved children. Like I said my daughter is pretty well behaved and I do discipline her but she does have her moments like EVERY child and for those times I use Santa. Now go get laid ! And have hubby take the stick out ur butt
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• time outs, tell her no treats if she doesn't eat her veggies... that kind of thing. That is the method I have used with all four of my children since it was decided 18 years ago when I had my oldest that I would not lie to them about Santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny...etc.

Good luck... all kids are going to misbehave, it is part of being a kid....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree with the Easter Bunny. I use Santa and Easter Bunny, but I think my older boys are starting to catch on. lol
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010