My younger sister is 12 & she still screams like a really little kid!

I've been staying with family recently and my little sister screams and has tantrums like a little kid all the time. And at night she stays up and moans about something or other till 2-3 in the morning. Seriously, what can I do to get her to calm down? And my parents don't seem to think there's anything wrong with it, but it's not normal, right? She's awful :S.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• NO, its not normal!! Your parents have let her get away w/ it for soo long its no big deal to them.. IF she was mine I would give her something to scream about.. Then she would stop that crap.. JMO.. IF they don't put a stop to it SOON they won't be able to stop her at all..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• this is what i'm thinking. and she frequently hits my parents, and my dad just laughs. where as if i'd have done that when i was her age i'd have got smacked. i don't know what to say to them, or how to deal with her, because i've tried to talk and she's just got mad and thrown things at me :S.
    Anonymous

• No, it is not normal. Your parents need to say something because it will only get worse.
    hap2bmom

Answer by hap2bmom at 12:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• When I stay at my boyfriends house his 12 year old sister has the same problem. As a matter of fact so does his 9 year old sister, and his 13 year old brother. The problem is not really the child being a brat. It is the poor parenting allowing the child to be a brat. Bring it up to them (without her in earshot oc) and if they dont believe you about it being a problem show them your answers here on CM. People are on your side about it! Its not normal! My boyfriends siblings have that problem because of his parents neglegent dicipline. The child may also not be getting enough attention for postive things. Try to get people to build up her self esteem more. I know 12 year olds who act like young adults. They are one year away from being teens and there is no excuse for such behaviour.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Sounds like a spoiled brat, to me. If your parents don't seem to think there's a problem, I doubt you're going to make them change their minds! I would definately try talking to them, though. The moaning until 2 or 3 am is a little disturbing and they really need to address it.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008