what to do?

So I am going to try to make this short it's kind of long but I need some advice. I have two children and I work two days a week and their dad (my boyfriend) works 5 days a week and my mom watches the kids while I work. My boyfriend don't go to work until 1030 am and I get out at 130 or 3 so I only need a sitter for my son for 4 hours since my daughter goes to school until 3. My mom is the one that has always watched him while I work. Well now she is asking for money like she is a daycare. I need some advice I don't think I should have to pay my mom to watch my son for 8hrs a week. I give her milk, cereal, coffee, soda, anything that she asks for I give to her. Well now she wants me to pay her and I really can't afford it. Her husband don't work so I am thinking they just need a way to make money. My mom's husband has always been jelous of the kids. Well he is not being very nice to me about having to pay my mom. I told her no and he said then she won't be watching them. So now I am out of a sitter. I just don't know what to think. I am not very happy about it but she says that I can afford it so I need to pay her. She lives off of welfare and always has, I am thinking maybe she is jelous of how far I have made it. I just don't know what to do or say?

mommyof2_1989

Asked by mommyof2_1989 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, I agree that you should have to pay grandma, but if she is asking for $ maybe it is because she needs it.

Answer by older at 11:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• dont take advantage of her just b/c she is your mom, pay her like you would any sitter. Do you really think your own mother is jealous of you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Pay her. You may be supplying the kids with their food but they are still staying at her house and she is watching them on her own time.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• what about your boyfriend's mom?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Seriously what is 4 hrs two days a week? when she don't even work. And yes I do think my own mother is jelous of me. She never finished high school, or got a degree. I make more than her and she needs someone to take money from I guess everyone just thinks I am crazy. I am not. I will not pay my mother. Maybe her husband should get a damn job.
    mommyof2_1989

Comment by mommyof2_1989 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Wow, she only watches your son for 8 hours? How much does she expect you to pay! You cant be making very much, and obviously you wouldn't have a job if you didn't need the money. In my opinion if your getting your mom everything she needs to watch your son for the days that she watches him then just spending time with her grandson should be good enough! Maybe you can just sit down and talk to her and explain to her how you feel instead of just telling her "no Im not going to pay you". I hope she would understand, or maybe ya'll could work out just a small amount of payment. I mean 8 hours is nothing! I hope this helps!!
    JaycesMamma

Answer by JaycesMamma at 11:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Babysitting is working...wow your a stingy one. Not paying your mom for doing a service for you. Yeah her husband should get a job, but your the one not paying your mom for doing her job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• She lives off of welfare
    and
    I can afford it

why not throw her a few bucks???
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Stop bringing supplies then and just give her $20/week. She's being a bad grandma.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• why do you feel so entitled to intrude on your mothers life like this? Its non of your business what she does in that house, how she spends her time. Taking on your child is a full blown commitment, just like a job, oh wait, it would be a job! Get off the high horse and either pay her or go elsewhere. If she wants to spend time with her grandkids that is her call and when she wants too. This is the life you made, figure it out and leave her alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2010