Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


I deleted my question and rewrote it as anon because the mom is on here. So sorry if I repeat myself and thanks to those who answered my 1st question. I did some research about reporting to cps and from what it looks I can call or go to the office and make a report. I read they will ask for the home address and if possible my info (which they wont share with the family unlesss I go to court). anything else I need to know? I'm a bit nervous. the parents dont beat the boy senseless but who knows what goes on behind closed doors. When I am at their household they seem to forget courtesy because they will spank the boy hard, smack his head hard, and scream and scream at him. he is barely pre-k age. He has come up to me in the past and whispered "i'm scared of mommy"...I want to do something for this child. Confronting the parents wont do shit. they will probably laugh in my face or say the cliche "how dare you tell me how to raise my child" and proceed to gossip about me. I need to take this a step further.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • If you feel this strongly that this child needs someone to speak for him, please do it. He has no one to protect him, obviously. I know it is scary for you to take this on, but it sounds like you care for him and want better for him. Good luck.

    Answer by KTMOM at 3:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • I think I answered your first question. If what you are saying is true then please call them. You seem to be young,are you? If you can't call or go to the office you can tell a teacher, school counselor, pastor, doctor, cop, firemen etc.. anyone in public service has to report anyknown allegation of abuse. Slapping a child that young in the head is abuse and the child needs to examined. This sounds like this lays heavy on you heart, so follow you instinct that is why we have. Good Luck

    Answer by aitson at 11:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Just call CPS NOW and don't worry about anything else. This CHILD told you that he is scared of mommy, he is ASKING for help. Be prepared that if your friend finds out that she won't be talking to you. Once you report it, CPS has 24-72 hours to respond to the case and to investigate. Let them do their job and don't bother them. Also, they cannot tell you anything about the case. Please report it before something terrible happens to this poor kid.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • I am afraid to say that I have made at least 35 reports in my career as a pediatric nurse. It is not easy, it does not get easier. Each time there is a child that I am concerned about. Is it your obligation to call? It does sound like it. You are helping a child. There is no greater motivation than that. If you want to PM me I'll talk to you some more. Before or after you make the report. Godspeed.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • If you think someone is abusing their child, it is absolutely your responsibility to report them. Please do it right away.


    Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 5:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • I`d call NOW

    Answer by sstepph at 7:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010