"Decriminalize" Prostitution?

I heard this on the news last week. Here is the link: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/21/san.francisco.prostitution.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch

It is already going on it 2 states. Nevada and Rhode Island. What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel it should be legal?

l.bicks

Asked by l.bicks at 12:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I think that if a woman wants to sell her body, its her choice. *shrug*
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• a womens right to choose right, if you think about it every, single women already does it, except its drinks and dinner lol
    Anonymous

• I think it's kind of pointless to make it illegal.
    It's going to keep happening anyway, regardless of whether it's legal or not.
    Kind of like marijuana usage, yanno? (I'm not saying they're related in ANY way, but you get what I mean?)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• wow this forum is so enlightening when it comes to morals, anything goes now huh? I'm so sick of hearing about womens rights! What about the right of the people to live in a safe and normal world. Why would we want to see hookers on every street corner just cuz they should have the right to? People are just getting sicker and sicker. Talk about decenatized and demoralized. This is crazy.
    Anonymous

Maybe you stoop that low but I know alot of women that don't, and that actually respect their body, soul and mind.
    Anonymous

• LOL anon 11:45!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 12:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• As long as it's illegal it will attract a surrounding crowd of illegal activities and violence around it. Legalize it, put it in tightly controlled areas taxed, and medically checked regularly (you know wshat I mean) like they do in Nevada. This will cut down on a lot of the violence done to and sometimes by them. There's still a lot of people who don't want a woman to be able to call her body her own. Seems if it really is her own, she could rent it out by the hour if she wanted to...
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:49 getting these poor abused women OFF thestreets is the whole point of legalizing it. Get a clue.
    Anonymous

• I am all for legalization and regularion of prostitution. Regulating the industry would actually get women OFF the streets and make it a much safer enterprise for both prostitutes and customers. It is called the world's oldest profession for a reason. Prostitution isn't ever going to go away. Criminalization of prostitution forces it to exist as an illicit underworld trade, frought with drug abuse and violent crime.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We were stationed in Las Vegas(pre-kids) and it was Horrible to see all the flyers promoting the legal side of prositution. YOu couldn't walk one block without something being handed to you.

I would not feel comfortable with those advertisiments being around my 4 and 6 year old.Don't we need to draw the line somewhere?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008