cleaning...

today i have started my plan of cleaning certain areas of the house a day. the whole kitchen was cleaned and i feel good about myself. every sunday and wednesday i will clean the kitchen. monday and friday i will clean living room, bathroom. tuesday and saturday will be cloth diaper laundry. thursday and saturday will be reg laundry. there is room for things to change but for now to get my caught up this is my plan. i am starting college again in the spring so i need something easy. what are your cleaning routines? Stay home moms, working moms, and going to school moms. oh and how many kids do you have? i have one 9month old son. BUMP if you like this question.

mamajennie31010

Asked by mamajennie31010 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do FlyLady. (flylady.com) That helps keep the deep cleaning under control. I can't handle doing it all every week (aside from bathrooms). I keep the kitchen clean every day (counters cleared and cleaned, dishes done), but FlyLady helps with the deep stuff, like cleaning your trash can and wiping your ceiling fans.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Also, I am going to school, and I have a 2 year old.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have a 2yr old and a almost 2wk old. I straightened up the best I can. I do my laundry on Tuesday and Saturday. And do my deep cleaning on Wednesday and Thursday when hubby home.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well, I do general cleaning daily. Dishes, bed making, some laundry, pick up toys, and sweep. Mondays and Thursday, I clean bathrooms, dust, mop, vaccum, and do windows. I stay home, and have two boys, 7 and 5.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 12:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have girls ages 9, 7, and 5. I stay at home and here is my schudule. I do laundry every other day, monday try to shop, tuesday vacumn and bathrooms, wed slow day, sat strip beds, the weekend watch the girls and make grocery list. But everyday I pick up bathrooms, make beds, sweep kitchen floor, chairs clean in kitchen, dishes, make tea when needed. Plus just normal things around the house. I have everything done by one to read and relax till kids come home from school.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I do everyday stuff everyday and when the mood hits me to do the rest I do. The deep cleaning stuff I wait until I have a break from working at the school we usually have a mid winter break & a spring break that are a week each so I do the major stuff then. Then I am off all summer long to do anything else that needs done that I haven't done during any of the breaks. Oh yeah Christmas break is about 2 weeks long I will do something major then. Sometimes I paint a room or go through a whle room then. I have 1 almost 9 yr old daughter I need a week just to go through her room. LOL!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have 4 kids. Stay at home 5 days, work 2. On my 2 work days, I do nothing around the house. No cleaning, cooking, nothing. Then on Thursdays (my 1st day at home) I pay for it because by then the house is a mess. Thursdays are spent starting laundry and getting the dishes caught up. Thursday nights when the kids go to bed, I mop the floors. Friday mornings I finish laundry and other general cleaning. From Friday night to Saturday we don't supposed to work (Jewish Sabbath) but sometimes the laundry needs finishing so I do that. Saturday nights I deep clean the kitchen, counters, take apart stove top, overhead filter, and the oven if needed. Monday is trash day so I take out the trash in the bathrooms and everywhere around the house along with deep cleaning the kids' bedrooms. Tuesdays I try to get yard work done. Wednesdays I shampoo the carpets. That's in addition to daily cleaning and cooking.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm a full time stay at home mom with 2 girls - 5 & 2 yrs old. I do deep major cleaning on Mondays and Thursdays. Thursdays and Fridays I do laundry - thats only because I share the washer/dryer with my MIL and those are my "assigned days". Anyway, everyday I do the general stuff - sweep, mop, dishes & general picking up. Mondays & Thursdays I do the major deep cleaning - dusting (I have really bad allergies and need to stay on top of it), on my hands & knees scrubbing the living & kitchen & bathroom floor, scrub everything in the bathroom, clean out microwave & toaster oven, vacuum sofa, stuff like that. I do it Monday since it's usually a mess (especially in the winter) from everyone being home on the weekend and having company over. Then I like to do it Thursday so it's all nice and clean for the family on the weekend.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom with a 5 and year old. I am enrolled in schooI full time (online) and usually watch an 8 mo. old during the week. I don't have a set schedule. I vaccum, sweep and mop everyday. Dishes, kitchen and beds are made every day. I do laundry as needed (usually 1 load a day) Bathrooms are scrubbed at least 3x a week and everything else gets done as needed.
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• apronMy kids are all grown so it is easy keeping my house clean.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010