help me I am 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I keep forgetting everything. I mean everything.

Well, lets see the other day I forgot I let the dog out to go to the bathroom and if you don't keep an eye on him he will jump the fence. You put him on the leash he breaks it. Well, the other morning I let him out and I forgot and went on to do something else then remembered and well he done jumped the fence so I had a dog to chase. Then my dd (oldest) was on medication cause she had an ear infection well I started off with giving it to her really well she had to take it for 10 days. Just finished it 3 days ago, but for 2 days straight I forgot to give her the meds. Then now my other dd (youngest has to take eye drops because she had pinkeye (just getting over it), but I have to give her it 4 times a day and I keep forgetting to give her that. Then dh will ask me to do something for him and like 5 minutes later he will ask me if i did whatever it was he asked and I forgot. The kids ask me for something 5 minutes later I forgot.

Is this normal being 6 weeks pregnant? How can I not forget everything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep,that's a pregnant mind for ya!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I feel your pain on this. That part of pregnancy was definitely annoying. I would be driving in the car and forget to turn on the road to where I was going. I would usually remember just after I passed it that it was my turnoff and have to circle around and come back to it. As for the forgetting to give the kids their meds and things like that, I usually set an alarm on my cell or a timer of some sort to keep things straight. Didn't always work but it helped. Mine got better the farther in I got. Hopefully yours will too. Good luck!!!! and Congrats!!!
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Sorry thats all part of being pregnant and I hate to break you heart but your memory never comes back. I use to have a wonderful memory but to kids later I'm lucky to remember what i had for dinner last night.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I've been like that since I had my second DD. LOL I use to have the greatest memory but for the last year or so I have found myself to be so forgetful. It's horrible!! Now I have a calendar that I keep on the fridge - it's a big one called Mommy's School Year Calendar - it's great, big boxes, stickers for appts. (parent-teacher conferences, doctors, vacation, 1/2day of school, etc) its a great calendar I love it!!! Keeps me organized as far as appts, playdates, school schedule, dh's days off, etc.
    For other things I make lists. In the dollar section at Target they always have pads that go on the fridge. One is my To-Do Pad of things I want to do that day and another is my grocery list. Then I have a dry erase board too. LOL That's where DH writes down things he wants/needs me to do. I keep them on the side of fridge, not the front, but the side where they are in my face all the time. Works out great!
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Pregnancy brain!
    You have to write down EVERYTHING. And stick it to your FOREHEAD! LOL Grocery lists, errands (and what you're doing at each stop), everything you will need before you leave the house (wallet, phone, keys, diaper bag, KID, etc).
    Seriously, you might consider setting a timer on your cell phone for things like feeding the dog, and giving your daughter medication. It will get worse as things progress, and even once you have your baby, it won't totally go away.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ha yeah I lost my wallet some where in the house in my early part of pregnancy and at 32 weeks I still can not for the life of me figure out what I did with it... It is like it grew legs and walked away and the last I remember I put it on my entertainment stand and now poof. But I have forgotten a lot of things over the months and it does get better.....
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I heard it's called baby brain. I'm almost 10 weeks and I have to say, I have definitely had the same symptoms!
    TiaBobia

Answer by TiaBobia at 3:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• oh ya I even have been forgetting to help my dd with her homework I remember like the last minue. But last week I forgot all together so I had to tell her to tell her teacher she would bring her homework tomorrow because mommy forgot to help her with it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Haha I'm eleven weeks and not only am I forgetting everything but I'm doing stupid things too!!Like putting the sugar in the fridge or the creamer in the cupboard!Messing up with my card games like phase 10 and skip bo!Totally feel ya!
    amberfm

Answer by amberfm at 6:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

lol that is funny I almost put the cereal in the fridge the other day I was like what am I doing then my kids looked at me like I was retarded lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010