What can i do for an earache?

It's been YEARS since i've had one, like when i was 10! I woke up in the middle of the night with one though, and i forgot just how excruciatingly painful they can be! I'm 6 months pregnant, so i think all i can really take for it is Tylenol. It helps, but i'm wondering if there is anything else to help ease the pain? I'm wondering if i have an ear infection like my youngest recently had, so if it doesn't get better by Monday i'm going to call my OB and see if he can script me an antibiotic over the phone. In the meantime, this HURTS!!!

MommaTurbo

Asked by MommaTurbo at 12:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Health

• Like you said, Tylenol...and try to lie that ear on a hot water bottle covered with a towel, or microwave a wet towel to warm it up, but do not burn yourself! There are also over the counter homeopathic remedies/ ear drops, but I'm not knowledgable about them. I hope you feel better soon!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Tylenol, put a couple drops of peroixide in your ear & they have at the store medicine called earache relief that works pretty well. If that doesn't help in a few days I would suggest going to the dr to see if you have ear infection.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• http://www.buzzle.com/articles/home-remedies-for-ear-ache.html
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would do ice to numb the pain and then use over the counter ear drops for pain and then call doctor first thing in the morning. Hope you get well soon. Also sleep propped up in bed.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Tylenol
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Here is a recipe to make ear drops with olive oil and garlic. http://www.ehow.com/how_4602570_garlic-olive-oil-earache-remedy.html

You can also get homeopathic ear drops from most grocery/drug stores. Similsan is one brand and Highland's is another I've used. Both work well.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2010