How to fall in love..

After my mom got sick (cancer) I was fully responsible of my baby sister and I thought that was why I never dated. My sister was my priority. My mom got better and my sister moved back with her and I am still not interested in anyone. I am 23 years old and I have never been in love.

I really want to fall in love but I can't. And it's not like guys aren't interested in me, I have been very actively dating for 9 months but I can't fall in love. I have been in relationships but it's hard for me to feel anything. Do you think there's something wrong with me?

I really want to feel everything. That "can't eat, can't sleep, can't stop thinking of you" feeling. It sounds awesome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You have to meet the right person for it to happen! When you meet the right person, the walls will come down, and you'll surprise yourself. Be patient, mama, it will happen! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• there is nothing wrong with you, it can take time and as you had alot going at first it might have scared you, but it will happen, i never believed it would for me now im married with a 15month n another on the way
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yep, just relax. When I met my husband I didn't even want to fall in love, I was dating a number of guys, refused to be in a relationship, had been through a divorce, and then my parents were also going through a divorce, really didn't want to be in love. Then I met my husband, and there was nothing I could do about it....I was madly in love, 22 years later....still madly in love. Don't try to force it, relax and enjoy dating, when you meet the right guy it will happen.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• thank you ladies.. It's just that I have been listening to my friends talking about how madly in love they are since I was a teenager. And I just thought there might be something wrong with me since I'm the only person I know who has never felt like that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would think that the feeling you described is just a crush and not love. Love isn't necessarily all that can't eat, can't sleep stuff. I believe movies and the media try to convince us it is. When the right man comes along there will probably be chemistry but don't let true love pass you by because you are looking for a feeling that may never come along.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Patience ... you just haven't met him yet. I'm not talking about the "over-the-moon" romance novel/movie nonsense. I mean absolute true love (yes, it is real). I hate romance stories because they make it sound like it is supposed to be all rainbows and fireworks. Real love is about a deep emotional connection that compares to nothing else. When you have it, you won't be able to say exactly when it happened. You just realize one day that you totally love him.

I'll second what admckenzie said, "don't let true love pass you by because you are looking for a feeling that may never come along."
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Just be patient and when "the one" shows up it will be an amzing time :D
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2010