How do you get your feet on the ground with 5 boys?

I'm wanting to move but I would have to sacrifice and leave my boys behind until I am able to provide for them on my own. I am afraid it would take atleast a yr, I feel very uneasy about doing so but what am I to do I am under my soon 2 be x's thumb.

SimplyMe2478

Asked by SimplyMe2478 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Make your plans first and save up. I did that with my three kids when I was going to leave my abusive x. I even stayed living with him after the divorce so I could save the money to get me and the kids in a nice place I could afford.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• realize once you leave the kids with him you may not be able to get custody of them because the court will consider it abandonment. You need to have a game plan in place. You may have to stay and save up some $$$$. Get all your plans set. Have copies of income tax papers copy of his earnings, and retirement $$ he may have. google your states child support scale to see how much support you are to be getting from him. Do you work now? You may want to talk to agencies to see what you can and cannot get as far as help. Food, apartment daycare and medical. you need to research every avenue. You need to know what you are up against

good luck

It can be done. I work with a gal who has 4 kids. She is a single mom and is doing okay

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have three sons and two daughters, so I know how busy your life is. I know the sacrifices you make and I know how you are feeling. I, too, am living under my husband's dictatorship. It's awful to be on a leash. It's mentally challenging, emotionally devastating and just isn't fair. In hurting us, they are hurting the kids, although they don't think that. I've been through 3 foreclosure hearings and will lose my home. It's part of the plan for him to get custody and he doesn't care. One day, this will be over and done with. Sorry I have nothing positive to say, except that our kids are still with US, not their sperm donors.
    Maria7823

Answer by Maria7823 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No I am not working I am looking, I have never worked outside my home and the yr that we've been separated he still is the soul supporter. No jobs in my area without experience. The places I have come across know me personally and ask how I could manage being a single mom of 5 and work, well duh this is y I have to work!! Yes I to understand about losing the home and such, he uses it to try and get my boys says I can't afford to live here so y don't I just giv him our boys and the house and for me 2 get an apt... I just don't know what to do anymore? Things are so bad he filed for divorce in July I have no attorney and no clue what is to be expected.
    SimplyMe2478

Comment by SimplyMe2478 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010