What are your kids or their classes doing for teacher's gifts?

Our room moms have asked for a $5 donation per child - which I think is fine and am happy to contribute.

sweetpotato418

Asked by sweetpotato418 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We are donating towards the class pizza party. For gifts, each teacher is getting a personalized ornament from DD.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I asked my room to get a book(s) for the classroom and add a home made card.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My girls are doing what they have always done and their ages are 9,7, and 5. A christmas mug with hot cocoa.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• All really nice ideas! Just curious what other classrooms do! Thanks!
    sweetpotato418

Comment by sweetpotato418 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ours are not doing any class gifts. It's up to each parent to decide if they want to give one. We'll probably pass.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I bought several books for the class and anti-bacterial foaming soap for the class to use for the rest of the year. Then I went and bought a gormet cake for the teachers to enjoy. I don't get the teachers individual gifts. I used to but it can get ridiculous.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Wow! That is a good deal. You would not be able to get her anything on your own for $5 that would be as good as a gift card (or whatever the class has chosen) from the entire class.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Am I the only one that thinks 5 bucks from 30 kids is over kill for a teacher gift? who 100-150 bucks on a teacher?

A photo frame, a plant, a small gift basket, the mug that the PP mentioned, this makes much more sense to me.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• For the past couple of years I was getting my kids teachers like knock off scarves if u r able to get to a flee market type place or a farmers market ....the vendors and I've seen them at everyone I've ben to have them maybe 15 to choose from and colors designes. The kids love picking them out and the teachers love them so much.....I think they r like 2 scarves for 12 bucks or something and then get a cute little box its perfect.!
    swoolson

Answer by swoolson at 7:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Very cute ideas! I don't think $5 per child is too much (there are 22 in my son's class). I know from my own family how much $$ teachers spend out of pocket on their class rooms and it almost always comes to way more than $150!
    sweetpotato418

Comment by sweetpotato418 (original poster) at 7:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010