My 10 yr old sons constent butt slapping-how do you get him to stop?

My youngest son constatly slaps my butt. He has been doing it for yrs. He does when I walk by him and and when he comes up to talk to me. At first I addressed it and asked him not to do it. Then I tryed to ignore it. It's not maliscious it's more like a habit. Sometimes he seems not to be aware that he is doing it. Anbody esles sone do this? How do I stop it it's driving me crazy?

aitson

Asked by aitson at 1:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You have to get eye level with him and say look you are getting to old and to strong to hit my in the but i can understand when you were young it was a game but the game is old and now done if u continue to hit me i will have to put u in time out everytime and then u put him in time out ! minute per his age
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Be preemptive.....grab his wrist before he has a chance to hit you. Tell him very firmly that he is stop hitting you and that if he continues there will be consequences. Sent to his room. Sent to bed early. No video game time, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yikes... actually that could be mistaken as disrespect. I would keep disciplining him for it and stay consistent.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• He has been doing this for years and now it bothers you? Just tell him he is a little old for him to be butt slapping you, it is disrespectful.

Answer by older at 5:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• every time he does it take something away or put him time out. He will get the message.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree, take something away everytime he slaps your butt. Or if he gets an allowance, subtract .25 off every time he slaps your butt. He is being disrespectful.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2010