• In the Spotlight:

How can I have a more healthy relationship with my husband?

It seems like we are growing apart. I want to spend more time with him, but he would rather hang out with his friends. I want the spark back into our relationship. Everything we do seems like we do it bc we are used to it. Like a routine almost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• If it feels too routine, do something out of the norm. Surprise him with an event that he may want to do that you two haven't done yet. Make him a meal that you know he may love, but doesn't usually get. Bedroom? I don't know how that's going for you...but the main point to shake things up. This will get you two talking for sure ;)
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 5:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• One word: Communication! The two of you absolutely need to sit down and discuss your issues. This is the only way to let him know that his hanging out with his friends all the time is getting in the way of your couple time. When it comes to the spark.more communication! Talk about things that could possibly spice things up a bit. Ask him if there is anything he would like you to do more or less. Confide in him about ways he could be more romantic. My husband said it best when he told me that if I want him to do something, just come right out and tell him. He said that women are very complex and men are not mind readers. You practically have to write it out for them. They are straight to the point people. If you want him to do something different, you can't expect him to pick up on your invisible cues (we all do it), because men just don't notice or understand our cues. Good luck with your relationship. Be patient, loving, and open up the lines of communication between the two of you!
    Nicollynne

Answer by Nicollynne at 4:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• You need to talk to your husband. There are a lot of women who deal with this same issue but won't just talk to their spouse. It makes a world of difference to just talk. If talking doesn't help then remind him why he loves you. Try taking him out on a date. Maybe if he sees you putting forth effort he will too.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 5:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2008