My two and a half month old has been eating less and less formula over the past week or so (was taking 5-6 oz. and now takes 3 if I'm lucky). Is this something I should be worried about?

My two and a half month old has been eating less and less formula over the past week or so (was taking 5-6 oz. and now takes 3 if I'm lucky). Is this something I should be worried about? She's also fussy sometimes during feedings. I took her to the pediatrician, and he said she's not showing any signs of illness and looks fine to him...But it worries me. She also developed a cold two days ago, but no fever or signs of distress between feedings. She has normal wet diapers, but seems to be constipated. Does anyone have any advice?

ChloesMom426

Asked by ChloesMom426 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She was propbably in a growth spurt and now that she's done, doesn't need as much to eat. If doc said no illness, i wouldn't worry. My only concern with the lack of eating is either throat aches or ear infections. But again, if doc said OK, then her appetite is probaly changing.
    Anonymous

• reflux perhaps? I would look into that.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 1:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• thats normal. as they get older its less formula at a time with more feedings
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Could be teething. Those are symptoms of teething I know it sounds crazzy because she is only 2 months old but my little boy started teething at 2 months. the cold and the not eating as much are definitely signs of teething. JMO
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008