• In the Spotlight:

One quick question

I know that when you are pregnant your breasts get sore. What I'm wondering is do they get hard. My breasts are sooooo sore and getting very firm. I waiting for my hcg blood test to be returned. Is this how they become?

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 12:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes they can feel like they are getting firm its all the extra fat that gets stored there and your milk ducts enlarge. welcome to pregnancy its going to be the least of your aches and pains to come.
    Anonymous

• I've never experienced firming breasts while pregnant but I have had them get slightly larger near the end of my pregnancies. Firming didn't happen until after my kids were born and my milk started coming in. I, personally, have not had any experience with firming breasts in early pregnancy.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Thanks ladies
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 1:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Mine got firmer as the milk ducts expanded, and especially toward the end when the colostrum starting coming in, but still nothing compared to when they fill with milk a few days after the baby is born...lol seriously it looks and feels like you have two bowling balls on your chest.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I am 17 wks and mine are getting fuller, and firmer! VERY sore! I hope this gets better for both of us!! ;)
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008