spoiling baby??

I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on spoiling your babies. I know EVERYONE is going to have a different opinion on this but, when do you think they are old enough to spoil, signs to tell if you are spoiling them, ways to aviod it, or if you think you can at all.

The reason I ask is, my son has just turned 4 months old on november 2nd and here lately he just isn't happy unless he is with me. Holding him, walking around with him, playing with him, and so on. This has only started over the past two weeks. He is starting to wake throughout the night again when he had been sleeping all night. He will cry until I get him out of the crib and lay with him. I love my son more than anything in the world, BUT if feel like I never get to see or spend time with my husband because Griffin is always always always needing me, which is fine except at night when I want to be with my hubby and he ends up between us ;)

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 12:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think there is no such thing! You love your baby. You can't spoil them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't believe you can spoil a baby that is that young. My son is 11 months old and I still don't think I can spoil him. When babies cry it is out of instinct - it means they need something. It might not be a biological need such as food or a dirty diaper - sometimes they just need to be comforted. The first few months are hard and I wish you all the luck!!
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 1:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• well my son is almost 2mths old and my mom says that i am spoiling him, though i was told when they are young they need to know they are loved and what not so at this young age there is no such thing as "spoiling" them. so i would just give it some time but you also want him to be independent and a self-soother as well. it gets kind of complicated
    sprtchic13

Answer by sprtchic13 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I HAVE UR SAME PROBLEM,AND I THINK SHE HAS BEEN TEETHING BECOUSE SHE IS EXTREMLY FUSSY LATELY
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You cannot spoil a baby! When you pick your baby up when he cries, he learns that you are there to give him what he needs. He learns he can trust you. Chances are...he just really loves his mama! Eat it up honey, because it won't last for long. Pretty soon he'll be running around on the play ground and you'll wish for 5 minutes to just sit and cuddle him.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008