can u please suggest as i have to introduce solid food for my 5 and half month baby

i want to give my 5 and half month baby apple can u please suggest how to give it.he has milk allergy and is on isomil 1.i am introducing solid for first time so am not sure how to give apple to him...............please suggest.

naira768

Asked by naira768 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Applesauce! Or cook the apple in the microwave or on the stove with a little water. Mash it (oh, and peel it before you cook it).

You can also wait too! My son started solids around 8 months and by then ate table food.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• A baby this young really does not need anything other than formula at this age.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• actually my child is not drinking well so have to really start him up on sm thing.
    naira768

Comment by naira768 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would just use baby food and even when older the puffs that melt in their months when older.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Have you talked to your child's doctor about this?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would talk to your ped. He needs his formula. If he's not drinking enough, have him checked. He is not going to get all the calories he needs (or nutrients) from apples and definately not from appple juice which is more sugar than anything.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• With allergies I would NOT introduce solids, I'd delay them. You say he's not drinking well... what's changed? Did he drink well before? I would guess yes or you'd have bigger problems like Failure to Thrive. If he WAS drinking well before, what changed?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010