Could you please show some respect?

I am a Christian, a Republican, and a homeschooling parent. I voted for OBAMA. Could you please stop assuming all people are alike in their views?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• True christians teach and live their lives with tolerance and respect for others. A true christian would not trash another for their views, nor judge them for the choices they make. They forgive. That is pure righteousness. But those who are self-righteous feel that it is okay to criticize and try to shame others into their belief.
    To the OP, I am so sorry that people are making you feel this way. Don't let them do that to you. They will be judged themselves by a higher power in the end. Makes ya wonder how that will turn out, doesnt it.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• *applause* I totally agree with your post!!!
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 1:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Thank you! I totally agree with you. Except I didn't vote for Obama. But he is still going to be MY president! And I will give him the chance to do what he was put into office to do! Give him a chance, he hasn't even gotten to the White House yet and people are already bashing him for NO reason! Let him at least get the chance to change your minds, I am!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• THANK YOU! I keep posting that I AM a Christian as well. I voted for Obama and voted FOR prop 8. Oh yeah..... I too am a Republican! Yey! I wish everyone had your attitude, feesharose! Its an excellent one. I have the utmost respect for John McCain in his speech showing his support for Obama and trying to shhhush the booing crowd. He shows a LOT of class!
    momofours

Answer by momofours at 1:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I have trouble with seeing how you could be a Christian, republican and still figure voting for Obama was ok. They don't go together very well. So your ok with his moral issues? Or was the vote according to your pocketbook? Because I do know alot of Christians that fell in that catagory of voting for him because of the economy and shrugged of the rest of the issues at hand. It really doesn't matter its over and hes president. But I hope down the road you'll feel the same way.
    Anonymous

• I believe the mom who posted stated it best show some respect. Being a Christian is being respectful, open to others point of view and loving. Those who having trouble with the post missed the intention of the post. Be the best
    Christian you can be and allow others to be Christian in they best way they deem for themselves. It is not our place to judge.
    Actress.Mom

Answer by Actress.Mom at 1:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i am also a christian and a homeschooler.
    i am not a republican--i vote for a person, not a party.
    i also find a lot of the attacks deeply offensive.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• Why Anon 10:27? Why can't you let people live the way they see fit?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• There is an anon poster who has been starting tons of questions being nasty about obama - she's just trolling all over the place - I ignore her nastiness.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 1:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008