Not cashing...

Theoretically - if your landlord/lady did not cash your rent check for almost 3 months, how would you deal with this, and how would this make you feel? Do you think that this is inconsiderate?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 1:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, it's inconsiderate. I would ask my landlord if they had forgotten about it and let them know that if affects the way you balance your account.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would call him.... most checks go "stale" after a certain amount of time and the bank is not obligated to cash them. Call and see what the problem is!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• She's libel to run it through the bank at the wrong time for you guys and it will bounce on her. Then she'll be ticked at you for something she could have avoided.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would wonder why and ask why?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• More to the story - My mom and step-dad rent a house to us, and I paid rent for October, and my mom STILL has not cashed that check! She does not see how it is inconsiderate, or why it matters how long she has the check for before cashing it. I am going to be giving her CASH from now on, and I will be getting a receipt from her. I told her that landlords DO NOT do that, and that it is just rude. And I wrong in thinking this?
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• find out whats happenig
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would say something to him/her. That is the kind of person I am, they won't know what you feel or think if you don't tell them right?
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 4:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010