do you get any "me" time...what do you do?

i'm struggling to keep it together...i need some me time. It seems like EVERYTHING I do is for someone else, with someone else...i dont even know who i am anymore.

Asked by froghopper at 8:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• honey, there are 2 kinds of people in this world givers and takers and it sounds to me like you are a giver. so until you work on being a part time taker you will be suck in this predicable circle.

Answer by yathere at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I usually take a nap or read a book. I don't really get much me time to go out and do things, but if I asked my husband he would watch the kids while I went out with my friends or by myself.

Answer by lisafc at 8:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Honestly, I think it depends on the age of your children as to how much me time you get. When they are older they are more independent so you don't have to do some of the duties you did before. I'm a stay at home mom with an 18 month old and we only have one car. So I definitely know what it's like not to have me time. When the baby is taking a nap, I try to clean during those times but I also take a few minutes to try and do something I want to do without thinking about all my duties at all. Usually I need up coming on here. Good way to vent. Maybe if your children still take naps try to squeeze in a shower or some me time during those times. Or maybe if they are watching a video, try to read a book while they are entertained. What I do is try not to think about how little me time I get, but just purely enjoy whatever time I do get.

Answer by redhotmommy at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• When you figure it out PLEASE let me know...I'm in the exact same boat!!!

Answer by livytwo at 9:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• whenever I get me time I have no idea what to do with myself. sad I know

Answer by Xynyth at 9:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• like another said, i think it depends on age and how many children u have. as of now..when hubby gets home from work and we are through w/ showers and dinner then its my turn. i try to take 1 hr. soak in bubblebath everynight. if i dont get that then 10-15 min. of sitting in van w/ fav. CD blarring usually does it for me.

Answer by hammes_cj at 9:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Honey, whenever I am lucky enough to get me time ..I head straight for a day spa visit. I tell them to give me the works. I need a complete over haul!!! LOL It does wonders to re-charge those mommy batteries. We have to take care of ourselves so that we are able to care for everyone and everything else. take good care of yourself!!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Ok my froggy! Since you answered mine I am going to answer yours! When I do get me time it is nothing special. I do sometimes read a book or if I have someone to watch my dd I go out for an hour or so just to get a breath of fresh air. To just do me. My latest "me" thing was to get my tattoo. Just did something for myself instead of everyone else.

Answer by buggaandmommy at 9:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I finally took me time last night when I participated in a chuch function. You know how much hubby is gone so there is no help in that deptment. Anyways I try to put all the kids to bed by 9 p.m. and after that if the house is not to torn up that is my "me" time. I either put my feet up and watch tv or play on the computer. Sometimes on the weekend I invite a friend over. I know that I am still responsible for the kids but its all that I get!

Answer by binder5 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• What is me time???? LOL !!!

Answer by Preciv at 11:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2008