my son been doing good with the hole potty thing but i am wanna give him something for telling him good job

cause i am happy for him but candy dont seem to help because after he is done eatting it he wants more and more even when i tell him "no its because you went potty" but he gets so mad! so what might be other things i can give him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How about treating him to like Chuck E. Cheese or McD's or something and letting him know that you are so proud of him for being such a big boy.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• How about a hug, trip to the park, watching a favorite movie or playing a favorite game with you, go to the aquarium, go feed ducks, go for an ice cream, stickers, etc.
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 1:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• when my son was potty training all i gave him was 1 m&m for pee and 2 for poop that was it no more no less
    2timesthemommy

Answer by 2timesthemommy at 1:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We went round and round with my daughter trying to get her potty trained. She would pee in the toilet, but not poop. Finally we just took away the pull-ups, and waited. We told her that if she had to poop she had to do it in the toilet. She held it for a day and a half, then finally did it. We were sooooo happy. Her Daddy and I went to Wal-mart that night, and bought her a scooter. If you're looking for something to give him every time he goes, I don't really know of anything.....I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe someone will be able to give you some good ideas. Good Luck!
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My kids always loved (and still do!) those fake tattoos. You know, the kind that you put it on, put water on it, and then peel the paper off? They think they are so cool. Or you could make him a little sticker chart, and let him put a sticker on there every time he goes, and after he gets X number of stickers, he gets a bigger reward. Give him something that's immediate happiness (the sticker) and something to work for (the reward). Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My 2 1/2 year old decided she was going to take her time potty training we tried about a year ago and she wouldnt finally a month ago she said she had to go poop and we put her on her potty and she went.. Im so proud of her. We started a sticked chart it has on it going potty in big potty, picking up her toys in livingroom, and putting her dishes in sink after eating every time she does one of them she gets a sticker and for everytime she gets a total of 20 stickers we treat her to the store to pick out a big candy and explain she can have another after she gets 20 more stickers and it helps her to stop asking all the time. Just an idea it works for us but it might not work for others.
    glitterbug1506

Answer by glitterbug1506 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• why do you have to reward with "things"? Lots of jumping up and down/dancing a poop/pee song and general praise should be enough. A sticker sends my son through the roof with excitement and pride.
    estherWSM

Answer by estherWSM at 4:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My 9 yr old was the easiest to potty train, but NOT my 7 yr old. She did great with pooping, but had a hard time with pee. I ended up putting up a potty chart in the bathroom when she was training, and everytime she went pee in the potty she got to put up a sticker, I would let her pick out which one and put it on herself, so it was more special for her. And when she had so many stickers (dont remember how many now) I would take her to the dollar store or something like that. I personally think that rewarding good behavior with food is one of the worst habits you can start, I do not mean to offend anyone, so please no one take that personally.
    4lilangelz

Answer by 4lilangelz at 4:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• we-do-stickers-when-they-pee-and-say-a-lollypop-if-they-poop...stickers-go-on-the-potty-it-helps-keep-track-of-who-did-what-lol-they-love-pputting-them-on-even-upside-down....
    my-question-is-whe-do-you-stop-giving-awards.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2008