Cerebal Palsy

Do your children have this?
my daughter does...
WHAT ARE SOME THING YOUR FAMILY STRUGGLES WITH WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR CHILDS CP?

lacyjay1987

Asked by lacyjay1987 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Health

• My sister has a very mild case of cerebral palsy. It affects her right side. Her right eye is weaker (she now wears contacts), her right hand wanted to stay in fist (therapy helped a lot!) and her right foot was turned inward (corrected with a brace). My brother and I were always told to slow down or to help her (yet at the same time told she was no different...very confusing to a child). She played sports and only once was there an issue. I was helping my dad coach her basketball team and my friend Mike had brought his friend to watch. My sister still has a limp when she gets tired and Mike's friend made fun of her after the game to me. After several warnings to stop, he still continued, so I got in a fist fight with him. She's found ways to accommodate (she's now 21) like not wearing high heels because they increase her instability and learning how to do almost everything with one hand.
    PhantomsFairie

Answer by PhantomsFairie at 7:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• WOW.. My daughter is 2 she wears braces on her legs and wears glasses she too has a mild case...I m so scared for when she goes to school
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010