What would you do?

I was at Macys the other day on the escalator and I was holding my daughters hand and within a microsecond I adjusted my hand to pick her up and she fell!! tumbling down the escalator. I frantically jumped and picked up her. She wasnt hurt but shaken by it. As she was falling people were on the escalator just watching her fall. Someone even moved out the way so I guess my daughter wouldnt hit her. No one tried to help.. NO one!!

Am I the only person out there that would help someone out..especially a child. A THREE YEAR OLD???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would have tried to help in some way. I'm sorry this happened to you two. Hope all is OK now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• OMG! You poor things! I would have at least attempted to catch her if I was behind you. I have stopped a few toddlers(mostly very small toddlers) from running from parents.

I can't believe someone would move out of the way!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I can not even believe no one helped. I would have helped. You now have a eposide from fridays show tiitled what you do?
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Someone people are so fucked up. I'm glad your daughter is all right
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• OMG that is horrendous I can't believe some of the people now days... even if I had something expensive and breakable in my hand it would go to catch the child it can be replaced a child can not...I am so glad to hear that she is ok..
    firechickk

Answer by firechickk at 2:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• People MOVED OUT OF THE WAY instead of catching her? What the crap is wrong with people? I guess it's just my motherly instincts, but there's been more than once that i've automatically jumped to keep a total strangers kid from falling, or bumping their head, or smashing their finger in a door or something. It's just what you do!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• So many people are completely selfish a-holes. I am glad she is okay.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 2:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Wow! I would have tried to catch her.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• hopefully that person was just shocked and did not have to react with thinking
    if happened too fast, might have been a knee jerl reaction, especially if was not looking and at last second just saw something coming down stairs and did not know it was a little person

can not imagine ANYONE moving out of the way to let a child fall further
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Honestly I would have caught her, whether I knew it was a her or thought is was a bag/package falling down. But I can understand why some wouldn't. With all of the unknowns (sure its a kid, but is she hurt from the fall? bleeding? does she have aids? or maybe the kids ok but as soon as I touch her the mom will scream "kidnapper") some people would rather just get out of the way than actually risk getting involved and getting hurt for it. "No good deed goes unpunished" has never been truer than it is these days.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010