What would you do..or do you do?

You see a lady with grocery bags and her little one trying to cross the street... What do you do..Look at them and drive off or stop your car in front of them.. or let them go.

It is a very rare occassion that someone lets me and my daughter cross the street....ON THE CROSS WALK. I get so frustrated with people when they do that. I hate crossing the street and try to park somewhere where that isnt required but it isnt easy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I usually stop especially if there's kids
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I ALWAYS let people cross. It's the law here to stop for people at a cross walk. I've been there, i understand how annoying it is to be stared at by people driving by who should have stopped for you. It amazes me sometimes how rude & in a hurry everyone is.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When children are trying to cross, I always stop. Obviously if there is a person in the crosswalk already, I will stop too. Jail does not seem like fun to me!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 2:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• In Chicago there's no law about stopping for people in the crosswalk but I have lived in other places where it is and everyone stops if you are waiting to cross a street unless it's at a lighted crosswalk and the walker has the red hand.
    I've had people stop and let me cross at unmarked corners around here. I never expected it in the city so it's weird to get used to. In the city you cross when you can and that usually means running through traffic, pausing at the center line and waiting for opposite traffic to clear. And I did it with kids in tow and a stroller.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I think it is just common courtesy to stop and let them go~ people are far to involved with themselves anymore.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You can't cross here until the light instructs you to do so. I will not stop at a green light to allow one to cross if that is what you are asking. As for a grocery store parking lot, yeah I'll let people pass.

Anonymous

• If you are in the crosswalk with a walk sign, it is the law that they MUST let you cross...I know, tell that to the driver of the 2 ton car about to run you over...ppl are sooo freakin rude
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010