what to wean my five and ahalf month child with he has milk allergy.i want to know if i can give raw apple juice to him or u suggest sm else.

want to start my five and half month old baby with solid food any suggestion what to start with.he is allergic to milk and is on soya formula...plz suggest.

naira768

Asked by naira768 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start with baby cereal first then move onto purried veggies, always do fruit last
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would also start with Baby Cereal mixed with a little bit of the soy milk.
    JesF419

Answer by JesF419 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• start with the baby cereal....i would suggest the oatmeal one first as the rice has more iron and tends to constipate babies at first...but when learning any solids be prepared for baby to get more on him then in him.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 2:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My oldest was allergic to milk. I just mixed the baby cereal with his soy formula.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• start with baby cereal first you can add the soy formula to that, i would let him get used to it and then around 6 months or so you can start with pureed veggies and fruits...since he already has one food allergy make sure you are feeding 1 food at a time for about a week (so green beans for a week, then carrots for a week....ect) to ensure that you catch any reaction that he might have to another food. he will also continue to need the nutrients that the formula provides until he is at least 12 months...once he is a year you could transistion him to a regular soy milk or maybe a rice milk (I would suggest talking with your dr about it before that transistion takes place though)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Oh and make sure when you start the pureed foods that they are single ingredients....don't do tuti fruity or mixed foods until he has already had the single ingredients and you know he isnt allergic.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Your LO can have any of the same foods as any other baby at this age, just make his cereal with his formula and stick to single ingredient fruits and veggies until you know he isn't allergic to them. When he's ready to wean off of formula at a year old you can wean to soy milk, just talk to his ped about ways to make sure he gets enough fat, calories and nutrients in his diet to make up for the leaner soy milk.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would skip the cereal; it has no nutritional benifit and it's very constipating. (It took us 4 days to recover from 2 days of cereal) I like avacado for the first foods.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010