Petition to allow men on Cafemom. Would you sign it?

Yes, I realize men are hiding behind screen names to be on CM. But what if they didn't have to hide? How many great questions could they help us out in answering. Parenting is a joint effort and the daddy POV is priceless. Not to mention I'm sure many of us may have relationship questions we'd love answered.

Or would allowing men cause more harm than good?
Would we have to put up with husbands trying to cheat or flirt? Perverts perhaps?

Pros and cons of men on Cafemom?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 2:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it was created cafemom for a reason. Yeah, some men are probably in here but the dynamics of the site would completly change. IMO

Maybe a cafeparents site for moms and dads. I love having the opinions of other moms and not dads (no offense) moms can relate more on a level that some men are not capable of relating.

Mom and Dad board would be great too.. because you can communicate something and get answers and opinions from both sides and from mem other than your SO/BF/hubby..

I do like it they way it is and the way it was intended to be.

Dont get me a wrong a board for mommys and daddies would be great as well..
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'd rather not have them. I can go to any number of other websites to fraternize with men. I prefer to keep cafemom the way it is, as far as genders go. Yes, I know a man can make up a profile and pretend to be a woman and answer questions, join groups, and make friends with the ladies, but let's face it--how many of them are going to go to all the trouble as things are right now?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No. It's called CAFEMOM for a reason.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I think it is a great idea for men to be allowed on CM. I have asked the question before about what CM considers a mom and my question was deleted and I was reprimanded by the MOD. My question pertained to allowing single fathers and gay fathers to join, due to them having to fill the roll of father and mother.

Start the petition... You have my signature!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• This is a great question and one I'd love to talk about..but I've already had one heck of a bad day and just dont have the energy to type and think all that...
    Anonymous

• I feel that this site is great for women to connect and share their feelings and thoughts as a woman and a mother. Id say have CM open anohter site thats sort of a spinoff to this. Like Cafe Parents or somethign. IM not offended by men on here but think its better to be for woman only as an escape...especially from men! LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No, No , NO NO NO NO NO. This is CafeMOM for a reason!!! If I want a man in my business I'll post it on Facebook, go to a Yahoo Chat room, share with hubby, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The times that men do end up getting on here, they cause drama. They ask perverted sex questions, they want to see pictures of the 'moms' not the kids, etc. They end up changing the tone and environment that was created here years ago.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Nope, I don't want men on here. This is a place for women, hence why it's called CafeMom, not CafeParents. Women need a place to go to so we can connect with other women. Bringing men in would just ruin the site IMO.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• YES! Not allowing men is DISCRIMINATION and not something I can support. If you have things so private that you can't share them with a man, you shouldn't be sharing them online! Men need help with parenting just like women do!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010