How useful is a bassinet?

I guess its how useful you make it right?

I just love them! There is this nice bamboo one at pottery barn kids for about $400. I love it and want it but dont think its too practical.

Moms with bassinetts..How often did you find yourselves using them>?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As soon as the baby can roll,they're not safe. My son could roll at 2 weeks so thank goodness we didn't buy one!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• you will not use ut that long.....dont waste 400 bucks on that!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 2:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I've always had one, but usually we only used them once or twice... We co-sleep, so there isn't really any reason for them besides taking up space.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I used mine until my sons got too big for it....maybe three months. (I had long kids) It was in the family so I don't know if I would have bought one. But I loved it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I never used one. Both of mine were pretty big babies, so I figured one wouldn't last either one of them for very long.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Neither of my babies would sleep in it! My first one wanted to be snuggled on me all the time for the first few weeks of her life, and my second one would scream and cry in the bassinet, but would settle down when I put her in her crib. I was SO glad we had borrowed one from my aunt instead of buying one, because it got ZERO use at our house!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I used mine for about 3 months defenitly not something to spend $400 on. I bought all used stuff for things that he wouldnt use that long such as swings. I only bad $20 for his bassinet at a thrift store I was in basiclly perfect condition.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I spent less than $100. She slept in it next to our bed until she outgrew it at about 5 months. It was worth the money but I wouldn't spend $400 on one. That's a waste.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• the longest you would be able to use it is 2 months....i bought one for my first born and it was nice cause i could wheel her around the house with me with out waking her or picking her up. HOWEVER it was very short lived. i never got one again. and i am almost done with my third pregnancy. but one piece of equipment i could not live with out is the swing. but make sure you check the weight limit on it. i just got one from target. (toys r us have em too) that is a cradle and swing in one. it is the my little lamb swing. so cute and soft and for new borns it is a cradle and when they get older it turns in to a regular swing with the push of a button. and it goes up to 25 lbs.....sorry im rambling. but i hoped it helps at least a little. if you do get one i would get a very less expensive one. if you plan on have more kids then save it for the next one as well to get your $ worth.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 3:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't know what I would have done without it for both my kids. It makes it so much easier at night, and is easy because its not as deep as a crib. I used it for 3 months with both mine. That way I didn't have to adjust my kids crib when they were old enough to stand up. It was already deep.
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 3:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010