Anyone have a shining example of christian love to share with us on this day of worship?

Here is mine... "are you a christian? if not, does this question even apply to you? why are you answering? you need to get over YOURself. "

I couldn't help but laugh at the irony.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 2:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• can of worms

Yeah this is just opening a can of worms and begging for trouble. I really don't think there was a need for this. We all know there are Christians out there who give others a bad name through their own bad actions. They make themselves plenty known so there is no need to call them out in a completely independent post.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Best Waste of Time Question award goes to this question.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Really?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm torn on this. I understand people don't like it when people call others out, when they're "begging for trouble", and I, too, don't like drama or anything of that sort, but I actually think its important for people to realize the hypocrisy in what they do. When someone comes onto a site like this, projecting their negative attitudes in the name of Christianity, it doesn't just reflect upon them, but upon all of the Christians out there, whether many people on here are able to differentiate between the "good" Christians or not. I do think its important for someone to stand up and say that what they're doing doesn't reflect the faith that those of us follow (the "good" Christians, I mean), or the characteristics of humility, graciousness, compassion, and loving kindness that Jesus calls us to emulate. Though I do think it should come from a Christian, kind of saying "not MY Christ/Christianity" or something like that, lol...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• . I do think its important for someone to stand up and say that what they're doing doesn't reflect the faith that those of us follow (the "good" Christians, I mean), or the characteristics of humility, graciousness, compassion, and loving kindness that Jesus calls us to emulate

Well I agree, but that can be done in the post in which the issue arises. A seperate post dedicated to it is just adding to the trouble rather than absolving it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well I agree, but that can be done in the post in which the issue arises. A seperate post dedicated to it is just adding to the trouble rather than absolving it. "

I agree.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well I agree, but that can be done in the post in which the issue arises. A seperate post dedicated to it is just adding to the trouble rather than absolving it.

I agree but hopefully everyone realizes that the anon may not be christian, so how can the anon represent a christian? Just saying.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Sighs....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Why yes I do. My husband and I are not able to afford Christmas presents for our kids this year so a close friend of mine (who is a Christian) got together with a group from her church and bought 25 presents for my children, as well as a 6.5ft. pre-lit Christmas tree. How's that for Christian love? I don't even know those people and as strapped as everyone is this time of year, they went out of their way to make sure my kids had nice gifts under the tree.

Also, my Grandmother (who is a Christian) bought all the other Christmas presents for my children - this was before we were surprised with the church group's gifts.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 4:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Here http://www.christianaid.org.uk/give/

This is one of many examples of Christian love, since you asked for one.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010