Divorced moms that will not have their kid(s) on christmas morning.

Per the visitation agreement, we alternate chrismas day and christmas eve. I will have her on christmas eve until 9 pm and she won't return until sunday evening.

When would you do the opening of presents? Some before she leaves (from mommy) and then Sunday night (from santa)?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• Your idea sounds great...some before she leaves and then Santa's on Sunday.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Our arrangement is a bit different. He gets our our son this year at noon on Christmas Eve, I get him back at noon on Christmas day. Next year it will be the opposite.
    I like your idea. Some Before she leaves, then some when she returns.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have been thru this soo many times, I know its not easy. I think the idea you came up with will be perfect. Hang in there hon. Mine are teens now and all that pressure is off with him needing to have them for certain times.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My dd's children (3 of them) will be at their bio fathers from Christmas Eve 9 pm to the day before they return
    to school in Jan... she is going to do Christmas with them after they come home... we did our family Christmas
    yesterday bc the children will be spending the next several weekends straight and all of Christmas break from school...
    This too is per the parenting time set up...the hard part of this yr, her ex never wanted anything to do with them and then
    he decided to try for custody so now he is playing the roll... so this is their first time (yr) away from mom for the Holidays..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• That sounds like a great idea. Gives her more to look forward to when she comes home.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 1:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010