Tips on how to induce labor....

I know a baby just needs to come with it's good and ready I UNDERSTAND THAT but i'm sooooo ready 2 meet her..I'm 38 weeks...with my 3rd child already 3 cm and 60% effaced but with the other 2 pregancy's i was enduced so i don't know you know what"labor" feels like so any tips just besides walking and sex? see when i have sex and i'm on top *tmi* i have contractions but they stop after about 2-3 hours they are close too they come like 1-2 minutes apart and last about 50 seconds...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ask your doctor about stretching or scraping your membranes. you have to be atleast 1cm for them to do it but you are already 3cm so your safe there. If not really all you can do is walk walk walk and walk some more. Try a warm bath
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I just saw my doctor yesterday and got tips on this very thing! I'm 39 weeks, 2cm, 60% effaced, and my cervix is very soft....I'm SO ready to not be pregnant anymore!!!!
    She scraped my membranes which caused some spotting and light contractions, then nothing. She informed me that walking does nothing, but lots of sex does. Her advice was to have sex with hubby, then lay down for 30 minutes to let the semen reach the cervix...then do it again! Hubby was very pleased with those doctor's orders...hehe If that didn't work she suggested 2tsp Castor Oil in Orange juice. Both midwives swore by it but I'm praying the sex works!!!!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You could also try nipple stimulation, I've heard it works if you do it for awhile every day. It releases the same hormone as labor, so it can help kick it into gear for you. Good luck!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• SEX SEX AND MORE SEX!!!
    Anonymous

• I drank a 4oz bottle of castor oil 3x with my son and got no response whatsoever!! But with my daughter, I ate a relatively large meal, (it was Thanksgiving) and then drank 6oz of castor oil again and by 11am the next morning my water had broke and she was on her way!!

Mandytexasmom

Answer by Mandytexasmom at 3:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I just had my membranes stripped yesterday afternoon.....I had the bloody show this morning and contractions on and off. I'm 3cm, 70% and TODAY is my due date!!! I hope I go into labor SOON! I should do the sex thing, but that's the last thing on my mind right now....nipple stimulation brings on contractions though!
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 4:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008