how long does a child stay on an antibotic eyedrop?

my doctor prescribed my 2year old daughter antibiotic eyedrops but did not say how long she was suppose to take them.do i just give them to her till her eyes are better or is there a certain amount of days?thanks.

kb24

Asked by kb24 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It should say on the prescription. If not, you need to check with the doctor. They should only be on it about 7-10 days and if it doesn't clear up, the doctor will need to see her again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm assuming til the antibiotics are all gone.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• ya it should say on the medication. My almost 3 year old is on eyedrops for pinkeye. It says on the bottle. She didn't have to see the doctor she just called it in so they didn;t tell me how much to give her either, but I looked on the bo. and it says to give her 1 drop in affected eye 4 times a week for 7 days. So she has until Tuesday.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• these are eyedrops and the doctor did not write how long on the prescription just said if she wasn't better by monday bring her in that only puts her on the eyedrops for 2 days.i can call the doctor tomorrow i i have to but i just figured if someone elses child had been on the same thing maybe i could save myself the trouble.
    kb24

Comment by kb24 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• ok thanks mommy5409 7 days thats what i needed to know.
    kb24

Comment by kb24 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

not nessesarly. I was talking to my mom about this and telling her how long I have to give it to her. She was like don't you give it to her until it is gone? I told her no. The thing is it is a small bottle, but I am only giving her 4 drops a day for 7 days giving her that much and this bottle if I give it to her until she is gone then she would be taking it for the net 6 months or evern longer.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• With eyes, don't mess around. Call the doctor.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010