plus size and pregnant question? please dont be rude

ill be 27 weeks on tue and before i found out i was pregnant i was 238 and now I'm 252 my doctor only wants me to gain 15 to 20 pounds durning the whole tI'me I'm pregnant..so i know hes gonna say something about it and i haven't been eating more then i was before i was pregnant..i eat 3 tI'mes a day with maybe a snack once in a while..anyone else going thought this? how much weight did you put on? should i be worried?..

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just keep doing hat you're doing. Eat healthy. Avoid fatty foods and foods high in sugar. Maybe go for walks a couple times a day.
    With both my kids I gain over 30LBS and I ate healthy and exercised. Sometimes you just gain a lot of water weight which s hard to avoid.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Do you drink enough water? You will gain extra water weight if you don't drink enough water. Try guzzling H20 & see if you drop a few before your appt. You can actually lose weight by just drinking water alone & no other beverages. BUT, keep eating right! My friend was obese during her pregnancy & her Dr. made her drink more water than the average because he said it would help keep her weight in check.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• More than 30 pounds, definitely. More like 50 pounds. Eat healthy foods when you're hungry. My issue is that my baby made me hungry all the time.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• They say that for health reasons but the truth is you can't really control how much you gain, my 1st pregnancy I had the worst day & night nausea & vomiting, I was 145 pre pregnancy and by the end I was 205 but lost the first 30lbs the first week after birth.
    Anonymous

• I started my pregnancy at 176 & gained a horrible 87 lbs! I'm still working it off. I didn't stay active enough; that is the key. Just walk every day and try to remember that every person is different - some women will naturally gain more weight than others. My pregnancy and my baby were both perfectly healthy so I wouldn't worry too much but definitely don't let yourself get lazy like I did. That's the best advice I can offer.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ill tell you straight out that i gained 60 pounds for my daughter..Your supposed to eat 6 small meals a day..As long as your not eating poorly you should ok. The doctors will always say something about your weight if you dont fit into their criteria of "normal weight" So i say this..Screw what the doctor says about your weight..I was gaining 10 pounds a week at the end of the pregnancy..Take care of yourself and your child..Worry about getting the weight off after you deliver..You dont need the added stress during this time..Enjoy your pregnancy and congrats!!!
    MoylanMommie2

Answer by MoylanMommie2 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i go thro 3 case's of water a month all i drink is water and 2% milk..ive been doing alot of walking cuz it is shoping time for me lol.. i dont eat fast food i make eveything at home and ive been craving nothing but salds and eggs one week i was 244 and then it seems like just over night i jumped up..sio i dont know i know hes gonna flip out on me but i havent been doing anything different..
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I was heavy going into 2 of my 3 pregnancies. I gained 60 lbs/per for all 3. I was so heavy with my 2nd that I was over 300lbs at 9months. I delivered very healthy happy babies every time and eventually lost the weight. Enjoy being pregnant ♥
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Don't fear your doctor. If you've been eating right and drinking plenty of water, it is what it is.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• ok honestly i feel you should eat what you want and keep that baby heathy. i am 39 weeks and i have gained almost 70 lbs, now with that kinda weight gain docs do worrie that the baby will be to big to come down the birth canal but like my situation he sent me for a test and my baby boy is 7lbs 2oz and i will be able to have him naturally , so i dont see anything wrong with it but it also depends on your health keep you and baby safe gook luck
    sweade

Answer by sweade at 4:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010