My Asperger's son is having a bad day...thus I am having a bad day. :0(

He had a melt-down at the store and this old lady was glaring at me as my son was biting me and screaming how he was going to break my glasses and cut my head off. ::sigh:: I wanted to hit her. I didn't of course. I am just so glad to be home but super bummed I didn't get to finish my errands. I am having a down day. I feel punished and I didn't do anything.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know how you feel. I've sort of become immune to the nast looks and comments of others.

Just remember, YOU did nothing wrong. 

hugs

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• ((((HUGS))))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I know that being a mommy in general can be very overwhelming at times. It must be especially tough for you with a son who has Asperger's. Just remember that in order to be the best you can for your family, you need to take care of yourself first. When you are happy, you can take the best care of you family possible. It sounds like you could use some "me time" for sure. I would encourage you to find some time for yourself to "just breathe" if possible. I know some days it seems very difficult, but YOU CAN DO IT! And kudos to you for asking for help or support. Good luck, and I hope you have a better day!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm so sorry your son had a bad day and that in turn made you have a bad day. I hope everything turns out okay for you. If you were me i would have told that old woman off for staring at my child hatefully.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 3:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• hugging  My dd has aspergers.  I will tell you the little old woman glaring is ignorant to your situation...feel badly for her...hard to do...but really...people like her expect all kids to be the same and perfect...

HUGS!!!!  It will get better!

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• *hug*

I had hell day yesterday-left my 17 and 14 yr old at home to finish christmas shopping and grocery shopping and had to come home after I got down there (10 miles away) because I was out of the car for literally 5 min before I got a call that they were fighting and my hubby wanted to know why I didn't take one or both with me (he was trying to sleep because he had to work last night 7pm to 7am).
    SO, I came home got my son and had to go back out with him and let me tell you- the 14 yr old boy acted very much like a spoiled rotton horrible 4 yr old and proceeded to make shopping a major ordeal...*sigh*
    we had people staring too...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It happens. ((Hugs)) I try to do my errands when dad is home to watch them. Have you looked into getting respite for him so you can run errands without worrying about a meltdown?? if I lived close enough I'd watch him for you. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Once the stupid holidays are over my DH will be home more again. He is in sales and 100% commission so they schedule him crazy hours with one day off. Thursday. A work day for me. So tell January to hurry the heck up so he can have a normal work week again!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010