heart burn problem need help asap

I have a really bad heart burn problem and yes i have talked to my doctor and i have done everything from tums to milk even took some zantac , tryed sleeping upright on my left side even sleeping in a chair the other nite i had half a gallon of milk and 4 tums still nothing i really need some help it's geting very bad even making me very sick please some one help me

Sweetwaterlilly

Asked by Sweetwaterlilly at 3:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Health

• did your doctor not give you a prescription? if over the counter stuff isn't helping, that would be the next step to take GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Prilosec is what helped me. It is over the counter now and worth a try.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• what he wants to give me i has sever problems with it so i can not take it i'm going crazy and the boyfriend is getting sick of this i have no idea what to do
    Sweetwaterlilly

Comment by Sweetwaterlilly (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Try not to eat after dinner ....and try to have dinner about 6PM. If you go to bed after 10..that should give it enough time to get past your stomach. If your meal or snack, any kind of food is in your stomach at bedtime, the digestive juices can back up into your esophagus and cause heartburn. I have found I dion't get heartburn of I eat a light meal in the evening and eat a bigger breakfast and lunch. The only time I have had any heartburn lately was when we ate at a Mexican restaurant at about 7 PM and I ate too much. That sure taught me a lesson!
    Good luck!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It tastes absolutely disgusting, but a teaspoon of baking soda in water is a good antacid. But it does not taste good, as you can imagine!

I agree w/ kerp1960 - try not to eat too late, and you need to stay sitting up while you digest.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Papaya can help. You can either eat the fruit, or get chewable supplements. Hope you find something that works for you.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Prevacid RX strength is the only thing that worked for me.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010